Friday, May 29, 2009

Guess What Chicken Butt

In my first trimester with this last pregnancy, I had a really hard time with chicken. Eating it, cooking it, even looking at it. I've gotten over a lot of it now, but I still really don't like cooking chicken. So, I decided to just buy a whole chicken so I could cook it all at once and then have left over cooked chicken to use in other meals. What I didn't realize is how gross or how freaked out I would get over having to deal with a giant dead chicken carcass....yuck.


But I did it!!

It actually turned out pretty tasty. I used a very simple recipe, and it came out nice a juicy. There is a lot of meat left over (I made Alan de-bone the chicken...to gross for me), and I've already made enchiladas that are sitting in the fridge waiting to be baked for dinner tonight. Good stuff.

And just cause no blog post would be complete without it, here's a cute picture of Elsie. This is the outfit her daddy dressed her in today. Gotta love it. :)

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Looks like your simple recipe is a keeper...just like that little bubble blower of yours. :)