Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eight Months

Eight months old today!




This is Alan writing because Sarah is making me finish this while she tries to get Elsie to go to bed... it's about 10:30pm and she just wants to snuggle and isn't too happy about being put in her bed...

Anyways, Elsie has really become quite the talker. She's started using actual syllables rather than just yelling "aaah" in different pitches and for different lengths of time. My favorite is that the sound she now says quite often is "da"... which means she's regularly saying "dada dada dada". Sarah tries to get her to say "mama", but now it's just become a game where Sarah says "mama" and Elsie says "dada" - repeated over and over. Sarah keeps telling me that it's just a new sound and doesn't count as a word because she doesn't know that's what she's saying - I think Elsie just really loves her dada :-)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Some day you will be glad she doesn't say Mama. I wish Madee didn't know the word. :)

Dorothy said...

I think you're both right, Alan! Elsie is absolutely crazy about her Daddy, but the "da da" sound is one of the easiest to make. :)

Jeanine and I will have to work with her to make the "gamma" sounds! (Although I must admit, the little ones around here find "bompa" more fun to say. (sigh)