Monday, April 26, 2010

East Coast Adventure

Alan's summer job takes us to many places, and this year it's off to the East Coast! This summer is a little different though... We are only staying for half the summer because Alan will be returning to school to attend Summer Term. Since we are only staying half the summer, and because it was so far away, we decided to all fly out together and leave our car at home. It will be interesting to see all the places we can visit with only our feet to get us there.

Also, our apartment is in a newer part of the complex that is still under construction, so (free) internet isn't as widely available. Right now I am posting this from a Starbucks inside a Barnes and Noble down the street (Starbucks has free wifi) with Elsie in the stroller next to me. I guess it will make me get out more if I have to walk a little ways to get internet.

Since we flew out, we weren't able to bring as much stuff as we normally do. It also means that we forgot more things because we were only thinking of the essentials we needed to get by for two months. For example, my camera cord. My memory card doesn't fit into the laptop we brought and we forgot the cord that hooks up to the camera. If there's a lack of pictures the next few weeks, that's probably why. Well, that and the whole internet situation. We were able to find someone with a card reader that we could borrow for a minute, so I snapped a few pictures of our new apartment.


It looks like it might rain outside, so we better start walking home. I'll leave with a little video of Elsie that we took right before we left. In case you can't see it/hear it, she is dancing around holding a pen that plays the BYU fight song. Go Cougars :)

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

I guess I have to say: be really good friends with that friend who has the card reader, because Grandma's need constantly updated Elsie pictures in order to be satisfied!

Either that or have someone back home locate your cord and mail it... :)