Saturday, June 12, 2010

I made it!

We're finally home, and I have a lot to update... Ever feel like you're so far behind you don't even really know where to start? That's where I am right now. I guess my plan is to commit to doing one post a day for a while until I get all caught up. I plan on starting where I left off who knows how many weeks ago, but first I want to talk about today.

I finished my first 5K! It's not really all that exciting, but for an avid non-runner like myself, I was pretty stoked. I will admit, we were not on top form this morning, and I take all the blame for it. We ended up power walking most of the distance because I came down with the flu yesterday and spent the day heaving my guts out. Not exactly my first choice of what to do the day before my first race.

We don't know any of the official times yet because they're not posted online. But we didn't finish last, and that was our goal!

Katie and I all fresh and unsweaty, just waiting to go

My faithful cheering section...
...Who woke up so early to see my race
Coming into the finish line
Enjoying all of the free stuff they gave us at the end

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! What's next? :)

PS...your cheering squad did look a little less enthusiastic...I'm glad they took pictures of you!

Becky said...

First 5K is a great memory to have :) Nice work baby sister!