Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Grumpy

I have been avoiding my blog for a while, mostly because everything I have to say is grumpy and surly. Now I think I should just get it out and have it done with. Spring is supposedly tomorrow, but we have yet to see any evidence. Not only is it still 17 degrees outside, but we got another 3 1/2 inches of snow dumped on us yesterday. I have been moody and sulky and refusing to go anywhere without a really good reason for the last few weeks. I need my warmth. I need my sunshine. I need my green grass and birds singing and plants growing. I need to be able to go outside without twelve layers on.

Today the girls are playing with beans on a sheet in the living room, because that is all I can muster. Maybe it will be warmer tomorrow...

4 comments:

Jen said...

Love you Sarah! Your honestly is a balm to me. :)

Dorothy said...

Beans on a sheet is a pretty good "muster", if you ask me! Every mother out there knows how you feel. Those of us who made it through the child raising years wonder how we survived year after year. Being a full-time Mom (in ANY season) is one of the hardest job there is.

mkmk86 said...

Haha. I was wondering why you hadn't posted much lately. The weather sounds awful, so I won't even tell you the temperature over here... You can come visit though! :-) PS your girls don't seem to be minding playing with beans in the front room- looks fun to me! Oh, and how's your painting going? I need to get back to that. I haven't done anything since before my mission... But anyways, I think you're an awesome mom!

Swenson Family said...

We've gotten snow 3 of the last 4 days, so we feel your pain. Katie is losing her sanity, and Lucas is going stir-crazy.