Friday, May 10, 2013

Water play in a sunny backyard

We had a nice, warm, sunny afternoon so I filled up a big tub and let the girls splash around in a little water in the backyard.














When Alan came home from work, Elsie told him all about it and showed him the pictures. He told Elsie how much fun it looked, and then after a while said to me, "Did you guys play like this growing up? Because aside from you and your mom, I have never heard of anyone just playing with a bucket of water in the backyard." I thought about it for a little bit, and while we did have the traditional kiddie pool, we did just play with tubs of water some of the time. Even as a teenager, we would run around on our property in Central Oregon with just buckets of water and cups and have big water wars.

I can't have been the only one who played like this, right?

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I LOVE all these pictures! What sweet memories these bring to mind. I'm glad the girls have the opportunity to enjoy such simple pleasures in their own backyard.

We had water cup wars in the yard when I was a teenager, too, which is how the Central Oregon "games" were originated.

Katie Lewis said...

Cute girlies. We miss you guys!