Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On My Own

The last of my baby help flew away this morning. My mom was here for two weeks right when Clark was born, and Alan's mom was here for the two weeks after that.

On the one hand, I'm ready to have my house back. I'm ready to figure out our new routines and what our new normal will be. It's time for our little family to figure out how to get along with this new little person.

On the other hand, I'm really nervous to be on my own. I've gotten very used to our pseudo normal. I've gotten used to being able to sleep in and take naps when I need them (and when Clark will let me). I've gotten used to someone else being here to handle the girls when all hell breaks loose every time I sit to nurse the baby. My mom made all of my favorite dinners, Alan's mom made all of his favorite dinners, and pretty much took care of all food prep. They followed the kids around cleaning up after every meal, craft project, and disaster they made. They kept my laundry folded and dishes washed. They cleaned my floors and kept my fridge stocked. They read story after story after story to the girls. They got me through (hopefully) the majority of my baby blues.

I have to be the grown up to three little people now. At least until Alan gets home in the evenings... 

3 comments:

Kayie said...

You can do it! !

Beth said...

You can totally do it! Your awesome Sarah!

Katie Lewis said...

Sweet baby. :) I have faith in you!