Thursday, October 2, 2014

Milwaukee Labor Day Weekend: The Domes

Our last day in Milwaukee was wet and drizzly, so we headed inside to check out The Domes. They are three giant bio domes that house different ecosystems. The girls were excited to go inside the "big bubbles".



There just so happened to be a dinosaur display going on in the Jungle Dome. They were a little scary at first, but the kids soon warmed up to them.





Alice meeting an Allosaurus.


Dome number two was the Desert Dome.




We found some Jade plants!



The last dome was the Garden Dome. It had all sorts of flowers growing.



Outside there was a sundial. We had to wait for the cloud cover to break to get this shot.


Before we headed home, we stopped at Kopps frozen custard. I got a strawberry milkshake. Clark got his hand in someones ice cream, and as I was getting napkins, my cup slid off and dumped all over the floor. As I saw 3/4 of my shake spread all over the floor (that I paid a lot for and they didn't give me a new one (and was really good!!)), I started crying. The culmination of knowing that this was our last stop before our weekend was over and the next day Elsie was starting Kindergarten and was suddenly going to be away from home more than she has ever been... It was just too much. I tried to get it together as I sadly finished the rest of my milkshake and everyone else enjoyed their treats.


It was a fun weekend and we had a good time together before starting the routine of school. I feel like this might become a yearly tradition.

No comments: