Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shots make my baby sleepy

Elsie went in yesterday for a check up at the doctors office. She is still just a tall skinny little chick, weight 13 lbs 10 oz (32 percentile) height 25.75 in (82 percentile). Everything checked out just fine, and she was a happy active little squirmer up until they gave her the shots. She was only supposed to get two pokes in the leg this time (as opposed to 3 last time), but something must have been wrong with the syringe because when the nurse pushed down the plunger everything squirted out onto the table. So, poor kid, she had to get another poke in the other leg to make up for it. After a few tears, she calmed down and decided she was ok. She has been more sleepy since she got her shots, taking longer naps and sleeping in longer in the morning, but I'm not complaining. The same thing happened last time she got her shots too.

Things are still a little crazy around our apartment. It still looks like a disaster zone in our living room and bedroom, but I'm happy to announce that my kitchen is clean! Elsie has kicked us out of the bedroom, so our bed is now in the living room. I wasn't too happy with this arrangement at first (even though it was my idea), but then I realized that with the bed out of the bedroom there is so much more room back there for storage! We still need to pick up a few more shelving units, but it feels like my little apartment just got a little bigger. :)

No comments: