Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Hike

We decided to try out our baby backpack and go for a hike Saturday morning. I had been on this trail before, but Alan had never hiked it, so we gave it a try. It wasn't a terribly long hike, but it was steep! I had forgotten just how steep it was. Even today my calves are still reminding me...

All strapped in a ready to go!
Elsie really enjoyed the ride. She went from just quietly looking around at the view to babbling on and on about it.
Half way up and desperately needing a break!
We made it to the top!
Alan enjoying his lunchable and the view
See? It was very very steep...
Ready to head back down the trail
Peek a Boo Elsie
Sweet little girl...
Elsie crashed on the way back down and slept until we got to the car

Even though I'm still feeling it, it was a fun hike and I'm glad we went. We'll have to try a couple more hiking spots around here before the weather gets too cold.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I remember THAT hike. Steep is putting it mildly. :)

Congratulations on making it to the top again. Baby backpacks are wonderful!

Tricia said...

Is that the hike the "Y". That's a love/hate hike. You love it when you get to the top, but hate having to get there!! :)