Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sigh...

What a day... and it's only 2:15pm... We have been very lucky so far. Elsie has made it her entire life, a whole 9 1/2 months without ever getting sick. Until today. It started around 3am when right after I feed her she puked all over the bed. Maybe not all over, just all over my side of the bed. Luckily she went back to bed without a fuss, and I spent the rest of the night on the couch. This morning she woke up with an incredibly stuffy/runny nose. How do I teach a kid to blow their nose? I've been using a nose sucker, but she really hates that.

Poor kid is pretty miserable. She has a hard time eating just because she has to stop and breathe through her mouth and she isn't used to that. She's been really clingy all day, so we've just sat and snuggled a lot. She finally went down for a nap, but that was a trial because it's hard to sleep with a stuffed up nose.

It's times like this that I feel so helpless as a parent. My poor daughter feels lousy and there's nothing I can do to make her feel better. All I can provide is comfort, and maybe a nice warm bath tonight, but that doesn't take away what's making her feel crappy. Sigh...

3 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I hope she feels better soon!

Dorothy said...

Do you have a humidifier for her room? That's supposed to be a big help for congestion.

Tricia said...

I've been told by nurses that when there congested raise them up a little and they will breath better when they are sleeping. A car seat works or even putting a pillow under the crib mattress to raise them up a bit.
Just a thought. Aunt Dorothy's Idea is good too.