Monday, February 15, 2010

Broken Glass

We had our glasses out for a Valentine's evening. We had used them with a special dinner and sparkling cider. They were still out the next morning, and as I was reaching across the table to get the wipes to clean Elsie up from her breakfast, somthing bumped my glass and it fell and broke. I'll admit, I cried for a minute or two. I was upset that it broke, and combined with a teething child who didn't sleep well, there were a few tears to be shed. We don't use the glasses very often, but they were from our wedding and special to me. With nothing I could do about it, I tried to move on and went to put Elsie down for a nap. When I came out of her bedroom, Alan was sitting at the table with some super glue trying to salvage the glass.

My glass isn't as pretty as it once was, and I'm not even sure if it will hold anything. But I plan on keeping it around, even if it is just to remember that morning when it broke and Alan did his best to try and fix it.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

The glass may not be perfect any longer, but the cracks and the glue say "I love you" much more clearly than a perfect one would. You've got good reason to smile past the tears. :)