Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

Elsie didn't sleep well last night. I don't know if her teeth were hurting, she was having bad dreams, or was just getting scared, but every 20-30 minutes she would start yelling and crying and wouldn't calm down until one of us went in to get her. Finally, a little after 3am, we brought her in bed with us and she slept snuggled up to us til about 6:30 when she decided it was time to get up. Not a very good nights sleep. I think Alan and I both averaged maybe 3 hours of sleep...

Needless to say Elsie was very tired and cranky this afternoon. But despite how tired she was, she fought that nap tooth and nail. I would sit for a while and snuggle with her, then lay her in bed, and when I walked out of the room she would stand up and yell and cry at the door until I came back and repeated the cycle all over again. After doing this for maybe... two hours or so, Elsie was so exhausted that she fell asleep mid-cycle. As you can tell from the picture she was crawling over to the edge of her bed to pull herself up when she fell asleep in the middle of it. I had to try really hard not to laugh as I snapped this picture, then laid down for a nap of my own.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh poor babies! (All of you!) I hope tonight will be better.

Katie Lewis said...

Glad you finally got that nap. :)