Monday, September 19, 2011

Not really sure where I am going with this post...

Football season is here. Every Saturday we will be decked out in our new Cougar Blue shirts (and white and pink for the girls (thanks again Jeanine!)). We walked around the zoo this last weekend and we certainly stood out from the sea of red Wisconsin shirts milling around. Every time Elsie sees a football game (or picture or commercial) she says "Hey! It's Go Cougars again!".

By the way, those sugar cookies I made in the picture are the first batch of sugar cookies that I have ever made from scratch. I used this recipe, and they came out pretty amazing. Be impressed.

The weather is cooling down. It was in the mid 50's all last week. We took several walks around the neighborhood and enjoyed the cool weather.

Elsie has decided that she wants to be a dinosaur for Halloween. Not just any dinosaur, but a Pteranodon. She walks around saying "Braaack! The Pteranodon says Braaaack!" My kid is pretty cool. She will probably end up looking like this dinosaur. That is Tiny Pteranodon, one of her favorite characters on the PBS show "Dinosaur Train".


2 comments:

Dorothy said...

The Pteranodons are upside down! Nice catch, Alan. :) I bet you were sad after the last BYU game. Those sweet sugar cookies helped make it better, right?

Andrew said...

Our girls went through a Dinosaur Train phase earlier this year. I came home from work one day to be greeting by a shouting Elanor, "Dad! I'm an ornithomimus! Zoom!"

There sure are a lot more dinosaurs than there used to be back in the day... :)