Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Alice!

Alice had a fun birthday. We opened presents after her nap when she was in a really good mood. Here she is opening up a book from Aunt Becky.
 Look! I'm actually in some of the pictures!
 Stacking boxes from Grandma DeeDee and Grandpa Ken.


 I love her face in these next few pictures.


 Stacking bowls with a little ball on top from Grandma Nean and Grandpa Boyd. Alice loves the little smiley face ball that came with this toy. As a matter of fact, she is playing with it as I write this post. She thinks it's pretty silly.
 Dinosaur Train books from Grandma Nean and Grandpa Boyd. I have to say these were a big hit, especially with Elsie.

 Even Elsie got a present! She was a little sad that everything was all for Alice and was so excited when we pulled out a present just for her. (Thanks Mom)

Lace up patterns! Elsie works on them and tells me all about how she is sewing like Mommy.
 Finally Alice gets to open her present from Mom and Dad.
 A new carseat! It might look like a boring present, but Alice loves sitting in it. She climbs in it and demands toys like a little princess on a throne. She still fits just fine in her old carseat, so it will still be a little while before we put this one in the car. That just means she has a longer time to play with it in the living room. :)
 Alice with all her presents (minus the book from Becky which somehow missed this picture... I think Elsie had stolen it and was looking at it.)
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..."
 After a dinner of Alice's favorite food (meat and more meat), we brought out the birthday cake.

 Lots of messy cake pictures. Alice tried to shove as much of it in her mouth as she could as fast as she could. I think the cake was a big hit.





 Mmmm, tasty birthday cake thumb...
Happy Birthday Alice!

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Ooh, it looks like she totally knew wheat birthdays are all about. Fun presents and good food. :) Happy birthday Alice!