Friday, December 21, 2012

First Blizzard of the Season

We got hit hard with Winter Storm Draco yesterday. Alan braved the storm and made it to work, so I spent most of the day worrying if he would be able to get home alright. It's these times that I'm really glad he only works just over a mile away. We went out around 2 in the afternoon to try and shovel some snow off of the driveway so he could get the car into the garage.

I must look pretty pathetic out there trying to shovel snow with two little ones running around. I did my best to clear it just enough for a our little car to make it in. Alan came home right as I finished clearing the path and helped me get Elsie and Alice inside and warm. Next thing we hear is the sound of our neighbor clearing the rest of the driveway with his snow blower. We went out today and cleared it again, and again, a different neighbor came over and finished the job with their snow blower. Moral of the story - we have awesome neighbors and we need to invest in a snow blower.

 The rest of the pictures were taken this morning. The girls and I got all suited up and went out to play in it again this morning. It was a much more pleasant experience today without the massive amount of snow falling and the huge wind blowing it in our faces.




 Here is a set of linear pictures showing how much snow we got:

yesterday, 9am

11:30am

2pm

and finally at 8:20 this morning.

Sorry for the shaky camera on this little video. The wind was freezing my hand and I was trying to keep Alice from falling off of the porch behind me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow that is a big snowfall!

Kathy Haynie said...

David and Holly never told me you guys had so much snow. Hello winter!