Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Day of School

My first baby is off to Kindergarten. I don't know how she ever got so old. I've gone back and forth all summer between ready for her to be out of the house and entertained by someone else to thinking I never want to send her to school and I just want to keep her home forever. Elsie was super excited and more than ready for it to start.


Alice is in a little once a week co-op preschool with a few other families. She was so happy to get to go to "school" just like Elsie today.



I took Elsie in for her first day and said goodbye at the door. I tried to be brave, but I think she could tell I was close to crying. She gave me a few extra hugs and told me "It's ok, Mom. I'll miss you, but I'll be home later. Give Alice another hug, kiss, and nose from me and tell her I'll miss her." I saved most of my tears for the car ride home and Alan's arms before he went to work. It was much harder than I thought it would be.


Both girls got their giant cookies after dinner for the first day of school. Good day, bad day, or something in between, at least there is a cookie at the end of the day.



No comments: