Monday, December 1, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

After spending a week(ish) in Oregon, Alan and I flew back to Provo.

(Oh yeah, we're having a girl!!!)

Flying while pregnant was an interesting experience. I've heard how pregnant ladies can cut through long security lines by claiming that the metal detector thing will do something to the baby, so they get bumped up the line and only subjected to the body wand. But the lines weren't bad, so I didn't feel the need to employ that tactic.

The flight itself wasn't too bad. Takeoff was fine (besides the slight sensation of the kid dropping), the pressure change was fine, flying was fine... Landing, now that's a different story. As soon as we started descending, I could feel it and the kid could feel it. She got really active and started squirming and kicking everything she could, including my stomach and bladder. So not only was I starting to feel pretty airsick, but if I moved wrong I felt like I was going to wet my pants. Once we landed and I was able to start walking around she calmed down, but it was pretty hectic for a little while in there...

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Wow, I didn't know that unborn infants could feel the pressure changes while still in the womb. I wonder what she was feeling that made her so jumpy?