Thursday, December 2, 2010

Grandma D is awesome

I like to cross stitch, but I'm still more of a wanna-be cross stitcher. I do alright with projects, but my stitches are never as neat as I'd like and it takes me a long, long time to finish anything. But not my Grandma. She's the real deal. She used to cross stitch on sweaters and clothes when we were growing up. A lot of her stuff is framed now; some of my favorites are hanging around my mom's house.
Look at this one. She made this for Elsie last Christmas. Isn't it amazing?
I was finally able to snag one of her framed pieces for my own over Thanksgiving. Look at all the color and detail... it's really something else. I'm so glad I finally have it, and that I have a place to hang it in my bigger apartment.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

She will like hearing what you've had to say about her work. :)