Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Unexpected News

I went into my lovely Obgyn yesterday. I had my regular appointment and another ultrasound. The ultrasound was to check the position of the placenta again in kind of a last ditch effort to see if it had moved out of the way. And guess what... IT MOVED!! Even my doctor was astonished. He said he has never seen a placenta previa correct itself this late in a pregnancy. It is still low lying, so it is something to be mindful of when I go into labor, but it won't stop me from having a normal vaginal birth. No C-section!!

We still have the 28th down as baby day, just instead of a scheduled C-section it will be an induction. I'm already dilated to 2cm and having irregular contractions. I sometimes hate it when my doctor gets my hopes up, but since I went into labor early naturally with Elsie, he's doubtful I'll make it to the 28th. We'll just have to see I guess. Either way, we're having another baby in a few weeks!