Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reason why I love Alan #45874

He bought me this:
A KitchenAid mixer has been on my "someday" list ever since we got married. Last week while my parents were still here I saw a deal on Amazon that showed the mixer as being marked way way down and had a mail in rebate to make it even cheaper. I looked at it, showed it to Alan, showed it to my mom, drooled over it, and kept the tab of my browser open for a couple of days while I waffled over it. I KNEW it was an amazing deal and that I wasn't going to find a better one, but I have a hard time spending money, especially when it is in relatively large amounts. And then it happened. I waited too long and the deal expired and the price went back up.

I was so mad. For the past week I've been lamenting about not buying it. Every time I made dinner or looked at recipes online I thought "well, if only I would have bought the KitchenAid I could do that" or "this would have been so much easier if I had just bought it".

Yesterday afternoon UPS delivered this white beauty to my door. My jaw hit the floor and I almost started crying as I opened it (that's how excited I was). Alan knew I wouldn't have the guts to buy it on my own and went ahead and bought it to surprise me. My husband knows me so well.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Awesome! How I wish I had one when my family was young...hooray for the Swenson family!

Katie Lewis said...

Ooh, nice! So did he buy it on the awesome deal or did he buy it afterward? Either way, super cool. Way to go, Alan. :)

Sarah said...

He bought it during the awesome deal while I was still trying to talk myself into buying it. :)

The Glad Family said...

Ah, if only we lived closer we could cook some awesome stuff together. I bought one during the sale, too! I've been wanting one forever and finally bit the bullet! I LOVE it!!

kmcbeth said...

That ia so cute. I did the same thing when I fell in love with a Kelly Moore Camera Bag. I left the tab open for awhile, and was hoping that Josh would get it for me for Valentines day. He didn't, but it was for a good reason. And it turned out it was cheaper for me to get it with my credit card award points :) Hope you love your kitchenaid, I know we love ours. Mine came with a Rebate for an ice cream maker attatchment. We haven't used it yet, but we have plans for it this summer. :) We were so happy that we got so many gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond for our wedding, that we got the kitchenaid, and only spent like $70 out of our pocket with an accessory. :) Anyways, now that i'm done with my novel....