Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dee Dee and Grandpa come to visit

My parents came out to visit us this past week. The girls loved having new people to play with and I loved that I got a break from full time mom duties for a little bit.
Alan and I were able to sneak away one night to go see Brian Regan at the capital. We had a great time together (and with all of the other members of our ward that saw him the same time as us). We had a whole 5 hours away from the kids... It was wonderful.
Just to prove how close we were. We sat in the second row and could see every expression and the sweat beading up on his forehead.
We took them out to Alan's work for lunch and to walk around some of the newer buildings that they hadn't seen yet.
Alice was quite taken with Grandpa...




In true form, we are moving again in April (I haven't had my birthday in the same place in 5 years...). We have found a house a little closer to Alan's work that we will be renting for the next three years. Since there is no one living in the house right now, the owners let us have the keys so we could get a jump on painting the walls. My dad always loves a good project (and is a pretty dang good painter), so Alan and Dad spent all day Saturday painting the new house. We took the girls over for a little picnic lunch and then just let them work. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
I have a few before and after pictures of the place. The previous occupant was a 90 something old lady and I just wasn't feeling her whole floral wallpaper border ...
Here is my kitchen now. The backsplash under the cabinets is a light yellow tile, so we had to find a color that would work well with it. I really really love it.
The laundry room had the same yellow flower border stuff going on...
BAM! Blue laundry room.

The last room we wanted painted was Elsie's bedroom. It had the weird wallpaper border too, and I just wanted to get rid of it.

Thanks again for all your help Mom and Dad! Everyone misses you a lot.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Those colors look amazing, even seeing them just on a computer monitor instead of in person. You are going to love living there, I think! So cheerful looking!

PS...I miss them more...

Katie Lewis said...

What a fun (and productive!) visit! I especially like your laundry room. :)

kmcbeth said...

I'm so excited that you guys are going to be in a house! I've been in an apartment for only 1 year, and I'm going crazy. You know Wisconsin is on my brain more and more lately.