Thursday, July 19, 2012

The last few weeks (from my phone)

We got almost a full bushel of fresh Georgia peaches from a company that boxes them up from the farm and drives them to Wisconsin the next day. They were amazing and we canned 12 quarts of them.
 We hung out at Alan's work waiting for him to finish up some emails before taking him home.

 Alan built the girls their own computer from spare parts he had laying around. Leave it to Alan to have enough "spare parts" to build a second computer. There are just a few games on it right now, but they enjoy it, and I really enjoy it when it is the end of the day and I'm trying to get dinner ready and they are driving me crazy ...
 We bought a upright freezer. We were going to keep it in the garage, but then we measured this closet in the laundry room and it was like it was built to hold a freezer.
Playing in boxes.

Out for walks.
Sharing a smoothie.
Playing in the sprinkler.
Walking down the hall to find Alan at work.
More playing in Alan's office.
And finally, Alice being cute at library story time.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Yay for peaches!!! Even I'm not DIY enough for canning, well done you.

The girls are crazy cute, I've got Wisconsin on our 2013 travel list, so watch out!

Katie Lewis said...

1. Alice is getting SO big. She's not a baby anymore and it kind of blows me away.

2. I am trying not to be insanely jealous of your new freezer.

3. I miss our walks at the mall. Perhaps we'll have to move to Wisconsin so we can hang out with you guys and David and Holly all the time. :)