Thursday, November 17, 2011

I should blog, but I can't think of anything to write about

Do you ever get that feeling? Whenever I let too much time pass in between posts I get this nagging feeling that I need to get on and say something.

Alan and I purchased an early Christmas present for ourselves this past week. Brian Regan is coming in March of next year, and we snagged two tickets in the second row. I saw him live at the University of Utah my sophomore year at BYU, and he is even better live than in his recorded shows. We are pretty stoked about it.

We finally started going out and buying winter clothes. Alan picked out a really nice new jacket. It's one of those with the removable lining so it can either be a heavy coat or a lighter jacket. Plus, he looks really hot in it, so that's an added bonus. Elsie picked out her new long johns, and she chose a pair of plain white ones and   a pair with leopard print. Of course, she calls the leopard spots "hearts"... Either way, she's pretty rockin. Other than getting a nice new pair of gloves, I'm very much lacking in the cold weather clothes department. It is so hard to find a coat/boots/hat that looks nice, is warm enough, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Maybe my expectations are too high.

I bought my first turkey yesterday. This is my first Thanksgiving where I am mostly in charge of making the big meal, and I'm actually kind of excited. Alan's older brother and family are driving in to spend the holiday with us. Yay for Craig and Katie! I'm so excited for them to come over and spend time with us and show them all Wisconsin has to offer (mainly Alan's awesome work place). Elsie is so ready for Lucas to come over and play and keeps asking everyday if Lucas is coming yet. We should have a good time and have enough food to feed a small army. It's going to be awesome.

1 comment:

grandma nean said...

I am so glad Craig, Katie and Lucas were able to work it out to come spend the holiday with the four of you. That will be so much fun. We will be thinking of you all weekend! We love all of you! :) Happy Thanksgiving!!