Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. Alan's older brother and family drove in for the holiday. Elsie loved having her cousin Lucas to run around and play with. They got along very well for being two and a half. There were only a few shoving matches, but otherwise they played (and ran and laughed and jumped) together pretty well.


We did a lot of food preparation in the kitchen...


Preparing my first turkey ever. What you don't see in this picture is me freaking out because I have to touch a dead bird. I really hate touching poultry...

Let's cook this sucker up so we can eat it.



The finished bird. I have to say, my turkey turned out fantastic. I followed this recipe, and even though it had a lot of prep that went into it, it was all worth it. It was so moist you could eat it without gravy, even the light meat was succulent. Plus, the gravy made from the drippings was divine. I don't think I will ever cook a turkey any other way.


Alice just waiting for the food. She ate so much... she slept really well that night.


Our full menu included: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, gravy, and rolls. It was all so yummy that we didn't mind eating the leftovers everyday for the next week.

Wishing everyone else a happy Thanksgiving.



And then there was pie. Somehow, we only ended up pulling the pie out after all the kids went to bed. And then it happened again the next night and the next night... We had a chocolate pie, lemon meringue, pumpkin, and razzleberry pie. Yes, we did have a pie per person. And it was awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved all the photos. Sorry we live so far apart. So glad to see you all doing so well. What a beautiful family. Love to all.
Cheryl McBeth

kmcbeth said...

I think Josh and I will have to move out there someday so we can have Thanksgiving with you and your family. Looks good, and I had fun reading all about it. :)