Thursday, August 18, 2011

Borrowed Chariot

Another fun thing that happened while Alan was gone on his business trip... We were involved in a hit-and-run. Someone backed into our car in the parking lot, got out and surveyed the damage, then got back in and drove away. Luckily for us, we had neighbors outside who saw the incident and reported it.
Not only did the driver of the other car not have any insurance, but he didn't even have a driver's license. The whole thing has been a huge hassle dealing with the police and our insurance company. Everything is filed now and it is out of our hands, so that is a relief. Our car is in the shop now being repaired, and we have been driving around a rental car.
It is a KIA Soul. It looks pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Like a box on wheels. But... I have to say it has been growing on me. It is a lot more... zoom-y than our car. It has been really fun to drive around a new, clean car and play with all of it's features. I find myself making excuses to drive it around more.
In other news, isn't this a cute picture of me and the girls at the zoo? Thanks again, Vanessa!

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

That is a cute picture of you guys! (Or, you girls, I should say.)

And sorry again about your car. That's no fun. But I'm glad you're enjoying the clean one in the mean time! We've really got to vacuum ours out. (Like that's going to happen any time soon...)

mkmk86 said...

Not that I have seen you in awhile, just through your pictures, but have you lost weight? You look good, and yes, it is a very cute picture of you and your girls! Sorry about the car too... When Gus was learning to drive stick, he was turning around in a very tight area and hit head on a corner wall... and now I have a lovely dent in the front of my truck. At least the hood still opens and closes just fine... but I hate how it looks now..