Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Man of Steel

 Alan and I enjoy watching TV series together. We watch a few current series, like House and Chuck, but our favorite way to watch them is after the series is over. We watched Lost after it was over, and we made it through the whole series in about 3 months. I don't think I would have survived if we had to wait the whole six years like the rest of the world did...

Lately we have been on a Superman kick. Since it is done airing, we have started watching Smallville. We have been enjoying watching it and shouting out advice to the characters. Oh, Clark Kent, for someone who has had to lie about who he is his whole life, he is not very good at it. Don't just stand there with a pained expression on your face! What does that say about Alan and I when we can come up with feasible alibis for him every episode? And isn't it so convenient how everyone seems to loose their memories at the end of the episodes? There is more amnesia than any day time soap opera!

We also checked out the old Christopher Reeve Superman movies from the library. We have only watched the first two so far, and they are hilarious with how ridiculous they are. Really, Superman? You can hold up a fault line in California, but you get smashed by a bus that the super dudes throw at you? It takes you less than 60 seconds to fly a hydrogen bomb into outer space, but it took you 5 minutes to fly to Paris? Not to mention the fact that you flew around the world so fast that you reversed time. And really? You now have magical kissing powers to erase Lois's memory? Where did that come from? And what do you even see in Lois anyway? I think my all time favorite part is every time he changes into Superman, all he has to do is rip open his shirt and the rest of his clothes magically disappear.

Like I said, we've been having a lot of fun with them. One side effect of so much Superman; I go to bed with the Theme Song stuck in my head and then I have Superman dreams. Some of them have been pretty cool...

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

When I was in grade school we used to run home from school to watch the original Superman series.The star was played by George Reeves. Funny, I never thought about the name similarity until now. I also remember watching quite a few Smallville episodes with you once upon a time. Let me know if you like how the series ends. :)

Becky said...

Louis Lane? More like Louis LAME.

I remember being terrified at whatever movie version had the machine that ate or attached or attacked somehow. Richard Pryor maybe?