Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What happened to August?

Where did this month go? It seems like I blinked and all of a sudden it is almost September.

This is a weird time of year for me. We have always moved for the summer following Alan's summer jobs, but we always moved back home at the start of fall. It feels like we should be packing up and driving back to Utah any day now. I have to keep reminding myself that this is home now.

This is also the first time since I went to kindergarten that I won't be preparing myself or my husband to go back to school. It is weird to think that the only thing that will change in September is the weather. No new schedules, no books to buy, no grades to worry about. The next time we will deal with "back to school" is when Elsie starts kindergarten. Yikes. Not sure I'm ready for that... 

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Ooh, that is crazy. I'm not sure I'll ever have a moment like this before all of our kids are graduated from school, since Olivia might start kindergarten before Bryan graduates from optometry school.

Anyway, if you're missing the smell of freshly sharpened pencils, feel free to come pay us a visit. :)

Dorothy said...

Don't blink...you don't want to miss the last week of August. :)