Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

To help alleviate some of my guilt for not doing anything for Easter (we were getting ready to move across the country, I was a little busy), we took Elsie to the local Easter Egg Hunt at the park. The actual hunt took about 10 seconds. They tried to partition the kids off by ages, but I defiantly saw 8 - 10 year olds running through Elsie's 2 and under section. Oh well. Elsie managed to snag a few eggs and she was happy with it.


There were a few activities around, but somehow I didn't get most of the pictures on my camera. I know there are some my mom took, and some Jeanine took as well. There was a little petting zoo with animals. Elsie didn't really want to touch them but was content to look at them.
There was also a huge inflatable slide that she climbed up and went down. Besides getting stuck two rungs from the top and needing a little help, she loved it. As soon as she slid down she said "Elsie do it again!" We had to tell her there was a big line and we were not going to stand in it again. Luckily for her, the crowds died down a little bit and she was able to go on it one more time.
And of course there was a playground. Good thing Elsie had so many people to play with her. When Grandpa got tired, Uncle Eric took over.
We met the Easter Bunny and his weird chipmunk pal, but I'm not finding those pictures right now. Elsie loved them both and gave them big hugs and kisses. It was a little crazy trying to add the egg hunt into our already overly busy weekend, but I'm glad we took the time to go. It was a nice break from packing, and Elsie had a lot of fun.

No comments: