Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Getting better

The more I play with it, the more confident I get in styling Elsie's hair. Every morning we go to the bathroom and she plays with a little stream of water from the sink while I come up with something to do with her hair. Yes, there are still plenty of days that I just get frustrated with it and throw it up in a simple ponytail, but I'm getting a lot better and I have a few more styles in my repertoire. Elsie is getting used to standing still for me. She happily plays in the water or brushes her teeth or washes her hands until I'm done.

It's a little hard to see, but I've put Elsie's bangs in a small french braid and then pulled everything up into a ponytail. It helps keep the wispy hairs out of her face throughout the day. It holds up fairly well to ruff and tumble play and usually lasts through nap time. Poor Alice didn't have her hair done when I took this picture...
I did this next style for church on Sunday. It's a little too time consuming to do for everyday, but we have a little more time on Sunday mornings for me to play with it. This hairstyle is indestructible and lasts through pretty much everything.

I really liked today's style. It was simple, yet slightly elegant, and still very easy and quick to do. It didn't hold up quite as well as some of the other ones... Being a two year old is a rough life. Even though it wasn't as glamorous at bedtime as it was this morning, it still did its job and kept Elsie's hair out of her face all day.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Mom would do your hair in that middle-style and it would last all week...

Kathy Haynie said...

I was going to say the same thing - somewhere I have a photo of you and Katie - both of your sweet little heads filled with those rubber bands. I think Katie must have been playing at your house, because I don't ever remember making that style in her hair. (My memory is no guarantee, though...) All of the styles are darling - nice teamwork for you and Elsie!