Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I was on such a roll

And then we had the great blogger outage of 2011, and I got off track. It's amazing how if I let myself miss one day how much easier it is to miss the next day. My blog posts are hardly inspired, but posting everyday helps me keep up on what's going on here and helps me journal our adventures, no matter how small they are. It also helps me feel a little more connected to family. It's a little lonely being so far away from everyone, but I know they read it even if they don't say anything. :)
I've been trying to find more things to do all day while Alan is at work. I've been trying to get Elsie to be more self-entertained with things like coloring and projects so I have a little time to myself. I've caught up on my scrapbook to were I printed out pictures last, which sadly was August of 2009. Once I sort through and print out more I'll be able to catch up. I've also been working a lot on menu planning and cooking really yummy dinners. But I still feel like there are more hours in the day then I have things to do. Yeah, there are always things like housework and laundry that need to be done, but those aren't really all that exciting. What do you do to fill the long hours? What other things can I be doing to better myself or to just have fun with? I can only read Max and Ruby so many times to Elsie before I go crazy...

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

First: be social. Get out in the community with your girls and meet other moms wherever they congregate. A friend to do things with or talk to on the phone can save your sanity. Someone out there needs YOU!

Second: Create! Watch this video again, and think about things you'd like to learn how to do:

http://radio.lds.org/video?lang=eng#!RhLlnq5yY7k

Having little ones means that everything you try to do will be interupted, but as long as you expect that you will be able to adapt.

Good luck!