Friday, June 17, 2011

Down the Drain

That is were Elsie potty training has been going. Or, not going, if you look at it that way...
After three or so weeks of doing great and only having maybe a handful of accidents, she has stopped using the potty all together. I can't figure it out. Did it just get boring? Scary? Is she just tired of it? She is back in diapers now, but I don't know if that is just enabling her not using the potty. Sigh...

I'm not sure what I should do with her. The more we ask (plead, beg) her to use the potty, the more resistant she gets. Should we just leave it alone for a little while and try again later, or keep pushing it now? She must get this stubborn streak from her dad... :)

On a sweeter note, Alice loves her daddy's goatee. She was getting sleepy last night while Alan was snuggling with her. She sat in the crook of his arm with her thumb in her mouth and her other hand stroking and fingering his goatee. It was a precious moment.

Edit: As soon as I hit publish, Elsie came up and told me she had to pee, then proceeded to use the potty. Maybe I just need to back off and let her do what she wants to do. She knows how and when to use the potty, do I just let her decided if she wants to use it?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am having the same problem with Sam. He was doing really good and does really go when we are away from home but now he has almost all accidents. I have not put him back in diapers but I feel like it sometimes. If you figure out the solution let me know :) Happy Potty Training!

Becky said...

I would keep her out of the diapers. Lucy is fully trained, but still needs to sleep in a pull-up. She has to change into panties right when she gets up, but some of those weekend mornings they play quietly upstairs so we can sleep a little longer and she almost always pees and poops in her (already full) pull-up. Gross. It's easier to her than using the toilet! I'd let Elsie be in control as much as possible though, hard as that is. We used the "we can't leave/do new activity/move on/etc until we've gone potty!" method with great success. Good luck, from what I hear Lucy was fairly easy :)