Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I was trying to be such a fun mom...

It is a rainy day today. (I might have a little anxiety about it given that last week this happened and Alan is going off to mutual again tonight, but that's not what I'm blogging about right now.)

I thought it would be a fun, indoor activity for Elsie and I to build a blanket fort today. We cleared off the table, pulled away the chairs, found the biggest blanket and made a big "tunnel" (that is what Elsie called it).

We got a little electric candle and crawled into our fort. We brought a few of her stuffed animals in to keep her company. We got her crayons and coloring book. We colored together for a while.

Then Elsie tried to stand up and smashed her head on the table. And then she hit it again. And again. She was done with our blanket fort after that.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I wonder how much knowledge she knocked out of her head...

Beth said...

Too Funny! It was a great idea though. Maybe a fort without a roof next time!! Just blankets a chairs :)