Friday, March 18, 2011

Mommy Owies

Elsie is pretty good about being gentle with me and tells me all the time "Mommy owies belly". Alice still kicks my incisions when I feed or burp her, but she doesn't know any better. Elsie picks up on way more then I give her credit for. I didn't realize how much my being in the hospital really affected her. When they came to visit me Wednesday morning, my nurse came in to take my vitals. Elsie was chatting away like normal, but when the nurse started messing with my IV and put a blood pressure cuff on my arm, Elsie looked at her and started bawling. She started crying "No Mommy owies! No Mommy owies!". I guess she was afraid the nurse was going to hurt me more. We tried to calm her down and she had to hold my hand while the nurse recorded my vitals.

I'm still on a lot of pain pills and I'm sleeping a lot. I've tried to space out the time that I take the meds, but it still might be too soon to wean off them. Every time they wear off it feels like I've been hit with a truck. My stomach and the incisions hurt, and surprisingly, my throat hurts a lot. It's probably from all the tubes they shoved down in while I was being cut open. They also retrieved the loose stones the next day through a scope they put down my throat. I'm not recovering as fast as I would like to be. But I also know that if I don't take my time and take it easy, it's going to take that much longer to feel better. At least I'm at home now and I can rest in my own bed. At least I can be around my girls. I'm trying to count my blessings.

No comments: