Monday, March 21, 2011

On my own

My wonderful parents, who took off work and drove 12+ hours to come and take care of my girls, left this afternoon. We are so grateful that they were able to come. We sat in the hospital before my surgery trying to figure out how we were going to be able to handle taking care of the two girls while still letting me heal and Alan still going to class/work. Alan's mom had already stepped in to take the girls, but she was going out of state for a family wedding. As we were scrambling around trying to figure things out, my parents called and said that they were getting in the car tomorrow morning and driving out to us.

Thanks again Mom and Dad.

They were full time kid wranglers all week long. I was able to sleep and rest without worrying about them and Alan was able to go to class/work without worrying about me. They made meals and helped me find things I could eat. They took Elsie to the park to play and ride her bike. They made sure I got out of the house and walking around at least once a day. They let Alan and I get out alone to walk around in the evenings together. They really were life savers.

Alice's favorite place to sleep was with Grandpa

We're still easing back into regular life this week. My best buddy has agreed to let Elsie play at her house all week while Alan is in class to give my insides a little more time to heal before I have both Alice and Elsie climbing all over me while I'm home alone. It's a great relief to know that I'll only have Alice with me when I won't have Alan's help.

Here's to life moving forward!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

You're welcome. :)