Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Motherhood outsourced

That's how I'm feeling right now. I'm stuck here in this hospital bed because they won't let me go home, and so I've had to let someone else mother my children. And it's hard to do that.

I have a wonderful mother in law who has stepped in the last two days to take care of my girls. I have my awesome parents who spent all day driving to be here to help out with the kids. I have my amazing husband who knows our kids backwards and forwards and can give them everything they need. I'm surrounded by loving people who are willing to drop everything to help out so I can rest and heal.

So why do I feel so obsolete?

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

You are still and always will be #1 in the hearts of your children. Rest and come home as quickly as they will let you. :)