Thursday, April 7, 2011

For Mickell

My old roommate Mickell texted me and asked a few questions about the girls. I didn't have a better idea for today's post, so here you go Mickell!

How far apart are the girls?
- Alice and Elsie are about two months shy of being two years apart. Elsie turns two tomorrow and Alice is just over two months. It makes it easy right now that I can just say "They are 2 and 2", but that won't last long...

Does Elsie get jealous of Alice?
- All the time. It was worse at the beginning when we first brought Alice home. We went through a little phase where whenever Alice would cry or whine, so would Elsie. A few times Elsie stole Alice's binkey and put it in her own mouth. We've tried to include her from the "helper" stand point, and that works to a certain degree. She likes to get Alice's binkey for her when she cries and she tells us when "Alice spit up again" and goes to get a burp rag. Elsie still gets mad when I can't do things or when I won't let her climb into my lap when I'm feeding Alice, but it's getting somewhat better.

Does Elsie like having Alice around?
- Most of the time. She always gets concerned when she can't see her or if we put Alice down for a nap when she's not watching. Elsie will ask for Alice to sit down next to her on the couch, or try to bring Alice toys to play with. We have a lot of talks about how Alice is little and we have to wait until she is bigger for her to be able to do certain things.

Here is another little video. Sometimes it sounds like Alice isn't sure if she is going to whine or laugh, but there are a few little giggles in there.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Well, it made ME laugh! Only a dedicated Daddy would go to so much effort to get a giggle. :)

Kayie said...

I totally relate to the jealous thing. Annie is going through this process right now of learning to share time with mom and dad. I am glad to hear it is not just my child that is acting this way with a new sibling.

mkmk86 said...

Wow, a post for me! :) haha Thanks for the info. Good info to store in the back of my mind! Sounds like you have quite the time at home and are enjoying your two bundles of joy!- and happy late b-day to Elsie!