Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yesterday and Today

I know it looks like Elsie is wearing the same clothes in both pictures, but they're just her jammies. I (foolishly) decided to play with her hair before getting her dressed. I then realized just how hard it is to try and carefully pull a shirt over the head of a wiggly two year old.

This was yesterday's style. I first tried to put her hair in french braids, but it turned out horribly. I resorted to pony tails that went down the side of her head. Next time I won't use such little rubber bands, as a few of them broke throughout the day.


Here is Elsie's hair from this morning. I attempted the french braids again, and they didn't turn out as bad. I still need a lot of practice french braiding. I realized yesterday that while I have had french braids in my own hair more times than I can count, I have never actually french braided hair myself. I understand the basic concept of it, and for only the second attempt at it in my whole life, I think it turned out ok. I don't know how well they will hold up after nap time, but at least it was semi cute for the morning.

In other news, Alice has been sucking on her thumb. She's been at it for a few days now. It's nice in that everytime she's tired she now knows how to soothe herself to sleep, but I worry about breaking the habit in the future. Oh well. It's pretty cute right now.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

That looks like an inverted French braid (or Dutch braid) in Elsie's hair. I never did master that one...I just did the regular kind. I watched a video once that demonstrated the French Braid and once I understood the basic concept it wasn't too difficult. Except they never do look perfect. :)

mkmk86 said...

I think the pony tails down the side of her head looks really cute. French breads do take awhile to get down... I practiced for years on my sister. It is also easer when the hair is a little thicker and longer... but your braid doesn't look bad. I was thinking the same thing as your mom though, that it looked inverted... Which I never could figure out how to do... haha