Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mish Mash

Alice is still pretty grumpy from her shots. This was how I spent most of my day. Not that I got to sleep all day. That would have been nice...

We figured out how to keep Elsie in her big girl bed and she has had two days in a row of successful naps. All it took was letting her take a book or two to bed with her. Before bedtime or nap time we let her pick out a few books and she lays down and "reads" them to herself until she falls asleep.

We spent the weekend with Alan's family watching General Conference. We realized late Saturday night that we somehow ended up bringing a whole bunch of Alice diapers, but only had two Elsie diapers left. Since we didn't want to go shopping and buy new diapers on Sunday, I tried to come up with a solution. I placed an Alice diaper on Elsie, then put the last clean Elsie diaper on top of it to hold it in place. I was surprised at how well it worked. We had to change Elsie's diaper a lot more often to swap out the Alice diaper, but we had no leaks all day long.

We finished Alan's creativity project today. We completely scrapped the old idea and came up with something new. It's pretty neat, but it deserves a post of its own.

I started packing today. I got one box of books packed. That's all I could accomplish before Alice needed me and Elsie got bored with packing. Good thing Alan is almost done with classes so we can start packing full time. One week of classes, two reading days, three finals, and he is done!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Lucky Alice to have a mommy that has the time to comfort her when she's not feeling well. Yea for Elsie!! Giving her books to help her settle down for a nap is a great idea. Beware, however, it's a lifelong habit you're starting. (A nice one, however.)