Monday, April 11, 2011

I can be creative - Part two

Remember Alan's creativity project from last semester? As fun as building a giant pyramid out of rice crispy treats was, the fact remains that at the end of the night it ended up in the dumpster. This semester we wanted to make something that would last a little longer (notice how I'm using 'we' a lot? I should get university credit for this class too...) .

My mom made a little book for Elsie this past Christmas with pictures from all the times that Elsie played with grandma and grandpa throughout the year. Elsie loves looking at the "Dee Dee book" and naming everyone in it. With that in mind, we decided to make a picture book with people she would recognize and that would also be able to teach gospel principles. And so, we made a picture book of The Family: A Proclamation to the World.


We tried to incorporate everyone in both of our families. Our parents...Our siblings...
And our nieces and nephews.
I think it turned out really well. Now that the project has been graded, we can let Elsie read it and play with it. I hope that we will be able to enjoy it for a long time.
I have to add a thank you to my mom and my sister Becky for sending (and taking) some of the pictures. Once we finally came up with a solid idea, we a had a little bit of a time crunch to get it done and processed in time. After exhausting our picture supply, they sent the few we needed to finish up the book.

3 comments:

Jessi Pierce said...

That hair style is still cracking me up---you know which one ;)

Dorothy said...

So what grade did "he" get for the project? Not that it really matters, because you've got something wonderful to keep for all your efforts...but I'm just curious. :)

Lisa Lou said...

What a GREAT idea!!