Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

For my birthday, I got a new apartment. A really, really messy apartment.I actually like it a lot, and I'm glad to have all of my stuff back. There were only a few casualties from the move; the crappy bookshelf didn't make it, along with one shelf of our storage shelf and one empty flower pot. There is also a few fairly big dings in my new dining room table. That one upset me the most, but there's not much that can be done now. We're going to try and find a wood stain similar to the table color and see if we can cover it up a little. I was able to find my cake pans and make my traditional chocolate junior mint cake. We went out for a birthday dinner and spent the rest of the day unpacking. The girls' room is coming together nicely. My kitchen is slowly getting done, but I'm still having a hard time figuring out where I want everything. One box at a time this place is becoming more of a home.

A big thank you to all the guys from the ward who helped us unload our trailer so fast!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

I see a teeny tiny Alice on the floor amongst all of your "stuff"! Good luck getting it organized. Maybe you could solicit a few new relief society friends to come help you organize your kitchen. :)